- No access by children under 16
- What information do we collect? How do we use it?
- How do we protect customer information?
- What about Cookies?
- Use of automated decision making (FOR EU USERS ONLY)
- Will we disclose information we collect to outside parties?
- Further processing (FOR EU USERS ONLY)
- How do we allow customers to update or change their personal information?
- Time period for retention of personal data (FOR EU USERS ONLY)
- Right of erasure (FOR EU USERS ONLY)
- Right to lodge a complaint (FOR EU USERS ONLY)
- Contact Information
We do not knowingly solicit data online from or market online to children under the age of 16.
When you register for an account on SECURITYGAUGE.com (the “Site”), we require your full name, billing address, electronic mail address, credit card number, and credit card expiration date. We may request additional information about you and your use of the Site and/or other sites, products, and services. This information allows us to process your order and deliver information, products, and services to you and others, including, without limitation, new features, products, or information available on the Site, or other websites.
You may be asked to complete surveys and other information requests while on the Site. These surveys and information requests help us to better understand how you are using the information, and help us to develop better products and services for you and others. These surveys and information requests may be administered by Location Inc. or by a third party.
You may receive periodic communications (including electronic mail) from the Site and or Location Inc. that include special offers, promotions, information, and/or services related to the Site, your subscription, property buying, property ownership, property rental, real estate investment, moving, and other issues, information, and processes. Should you choose to "opt-out" of receiving particular electronic mail or other communications, you will no longer receive such communications. To unsubscribe from any of our communications or if you have any questions about our products or services, please request to be removed from our email list here (contact us).
We also track user traffic patterns, subscriber information, subscription terms, and other information to identify ways in which we can improve the Site and make it easier and better to use. We do not track what individual users read.
When you register to, or place an order with, the Site, we offer the use of a secure server. All information you enter is encrypted via a secure sockets layer (SSL) before it is sent over the internet to secure servers. Furthermore, all of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access. However, no information that is transmitted over, or accessible through, the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While Location Inc. utilizes systems to protect personal information, Location Inc. cannot guaranty that personal information will be completely secure from misappropriation due to inappropriate or unlawful activities, or due to the failure of computer hardware, computer software, or other equipment or systems. If you have questions about security on our Site, please contact us.
Location Inc. uses a reputable third party(ies), such as Google Analytics, to collect and accumulate other anonymous data that helps us understand and analyze our visitors’ internet experience. For example, we may accumulate visitor data relating to referring domains, the type of browsers used, operating system software (e.g., Windows XP vs. 7), screen resolutions, color capabilities, plug-ins, etc. We may also record the number of visits, paths taken and time spent on our Site, its pages, and other sites and pages, mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity, as well as text you type in the Site. This information may be stored in a cookie on your computer's hard drive. However, none of this information is personally identifiable and we only share this information in the aggregate, reflecting overall website or internet usage trends.
Location, Inc. uses the tools referenced above to track your online activities.These tools make automated decisions based on such information to provide you with tailored advertising. Location, Inc. does not use any automated decision-making based on any of the following special categories:
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinions
- religious or philosophical beliefs
- trade-union membership
- genetic data or biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person
- data concerning health
- data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you. If you do not want to be subject to such automated-decision making, please (contact us).
When you Register, you consent to Location, Inc. customizing and enhancing your experience by sharing your contact information with third parties in which Location, Inc. reasonably anticipates you would be interested based upon an analysis of the information you provide to Location, Inc.
When you Register, you consent to Location, Inc. using your name(s), insignia(s), d/b/a or fictitious name(s) by which you are known or do business, and/or the name(s) or insignia(s) of your business(es), development(s), project(s), or venture(s) for Location, Inc.’s advertisement, marketing, promotional, and/or endorsement purposes, including, without limitation, the fact that you use Location, Inc.’s services and/or the Site (collectively, “Customer References”). If you have any questions about Location, Inc.’s Customer References policy, please (contact us).
Location Inc. uses an outside credit card processing company to bill you for services. We do not authorize this credit card processing company to retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
The Site may contain links to other websites. Location Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these websites and Location Inc. makes no representation or warranty as to the security or privacy practices of third parties and service providers. For more information regarding the privacy policies of third parties and service providers, please refer to their respective websites. In addition, Location Inc. may contract with other businesses and organizations across the internet. In many cases, you may access the Site through a link at one of our contractor’s and/or affiliate’s websites. By entering the Site through and/or to other parties’ websites, you signify your understanding that Location Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites other than the Site. Further, it is also possible that by entering through and/or to another party’s website and using the Site, you may be allowing other parties to view and retain information you provide. If you are concerned about entering through and/or to another party’s website, you can enter the Site directly at www.securitygauge.com and not connect to other websites while using the Site.
Location, Inc. may process your personal data without your consent if the further processing is compatible with the purposes for which the personal data was initially collected. Some factors that Location, Inc. may consider in determining whether a further processing is “compatible” with the initial purpose are:
- any link between those purposes and the purposes of the intended further processing;
- the context in which the personal data have been collected, in particular your reasonable expectations based on your relationship with Location, Inc. as to their further use;
- the nature of the personal data;
- the consequences of the intended further processing for data subjects; and
- the existence of appropriate safeguards in both the original and intended further processing operations.
Further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes is considered not incompatible with the initial purpose for which the personal data was processed.
You may update or change your personal information pertaining to you or your account by contacting Location Inc. and/or the Site (contact us). To request to be removed from our emailing list or any of our communications, please contact us here (contact us).
Location, Inc. may store and retain personal data only as long as necessary. If you Register for Site or Associate Sites, Location, Inc. will maintain your personal data for as long as you remain registered to the Site or Associate Sites. Subject to certain exclusions, we will erase your personal data upon your request (see below for further discussion).
You have the right to obtain from Location, Inc. the erasure of your personal data where one of the following grounds applies:
- (a) the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- (b) you withdrew your consent on which the processing is based, and there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- (c) you object to the processing on the below bases, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing:
- 1) processing for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Location, Inc.; or processing for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Location, Inc. or by a third party; or
- 2) processing for direct marketing purposes
- (d) the personal data have been unlawfully processed; or
- (e) the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which Location, Inc. is subject.
Notwithstanding the above, Location, Inc. has the right to refuse your request based on the following circumstances:
- (a) for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
- (b) for compliance with a legal obligation;
- (c) for reasons of public interest in the area of public health;
- (d) for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes; or
- (e) for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If you believe that Location, Inc. has infringed your rights under the GDPR, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
120 Front Street
Worcester, Massachusetts 01608
Please include your name, mailing address, electronic mail address and property address along with your inquiry.
Copyright © 2001- 2023 Location, Inc.®All the trademarks displayed on this page are the property of Location, Inc.®